Hours: 15-20 hours per week
StreetSquash was founded in Harlem in September 1999 as the second squash and education program in the United States. A comprehensive youth enrichment program, StreetSquash combines academic tutoring, squash instruction, community service, college preparation, leadership development, and mentoring for young people ages 11-24. What began as an after-school program with 24 middle school students and two staff members has expanded to serve 400 participants from 6th grade through college graduation, and entry into the workforce.
About the Position
StreetSquash is seeking an experienced grant writer for a part-time, remote position. Reporting to and in partnership with the Development Manager, the Grant Writer is a member of the
development team whose primary responsibility is to write and submit clear, compelling Letters of Inquiry (LOIs), proposals, and reports to foundations and corporations that support our youth
development program. Requests will be for existing and new programs and for general operating support and project-specific requests. The position also requires tracking the progress
and status of submissions, grants administration, and prospect research.
- Develop and write clear, structured, and compelling grant applications, LOI’s, proposals, and reports. Complete and submit application components and reports in a timely fashion.
- Conduct prospect research on new foundation, corporate, and government grant opportunities.
- Manage the grant database.
- Collaborate with other teams at Streetsquash to obtain the necessary information for grant reports and solicitations.
Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Must have excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to produce high-quality work under deadline
- Proven track record in securing funding
- Experience working with institutional funders
- Experience with and knowledge of database applications such as Salesforce
- Independent worker: Proven ability to work independently, as well as in close coordination with a remote team.
- Knowledge of external funding opportunity sources, application procedures, proposal requirements, and reporting requirements
- Skill in writing grant proposals, RFPs, and completing grant and proposal applications;
- Knowledge of program development, operation, budgeting, and program evaluation methods and techniques
- Proficiency in Google Suite preferred, especially Gmail, Google Sheets, Google Calendar
Graduate degree or Bachelor’s degree with 4+ years of relevant field experience
StreetSquash offers competitive compensation, commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should send a resume and a detailed cover letter that directly addresses the specified requirements as outlined above and why you are interested in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org with Grant Writer in the subject line. Only complete applications will be reviewed and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Final applicants will be requested to consent to a pre-employment background check and employment verification. A background check is required to extend a job offer.
StreetSquash is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply. No knowledge of squash is necessary for this position.