Salary: $40,000 full benefits
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Location: New York, NY
Language: English, Spanish a plus
Type: Full Time, minimum two-year commitment required
Start Date: June 13th
StreetSquash aims to help each child realize his or her academic and personal potential through long-term, rigorous programming in academic support, squash instruction, college prep, community service and leadership development. Through high expectations and strong support, we help our students to achieve greatness. Our team of passionate, diverse professionals is committed to building deep relationships with our students and to giving each staff member meaningful responsibility in a cooperative working environment with support for everyone’s ideas. We do our best to foster personal and professional growth, not just in our young people, but in each other as well. StreetSquash is a growing community, looking for motivated, enthusiastic individuals to help move our vision forward and grow within the organization.
About the Position
StreetSquash is seeking a driven, innovative Squash Coordinator with a passion for teaching squash to young people. At StreetSquash we work as a close knit team to identify players’ needs and increase the overall level of our players while ensuring it remains a fun and collaborative experience. The Squash Department aims to increase the number of participants who compete on the US Squash junior tournament circuit and who will go on to play collegiate squash. The Squash Department also creates space for students who may not have aspirations to play at this level. The Squash Coordinator will play a critical role in advancing these goals.
This position will begin June 13th and will report to the Senior Director of Squash. In addition, this applicant will have an opportunity to supplement their income with revenue from lessons, clinics and tournament hosting fees.
- Run high-intensity, on-court group/individual lessons, assess player levels, and adapt to the constant development of individual players.
- Coordinate middle school matches, tournaments, equipment maintenance, fitness tests, summer squash opportunities and other squash-related programs in conjunction with squash team
- Network with other organizations, squash clubs and additional service providers to refer students and provide additional opportunities.
- Promote physical, psychological and social benefits for players and encourage active athletic participation.
- Continually improve through self-reflection, mentorship, professional development, evaluation, and self-care.
- Complete Level 1 Squash Coaching Certification
- Work closely with other departments to meet the needs of our players, including planning team trips, cultural outings, organizing community service activities, and facilitating team-building activities.
- Significant experience playing and teaching squash
- Project management, interpersonal, organizational and networking skills critical
- Sensitivity to different cultures and communities with a commitment to youth development
- Personable and a significant experience working with adolescents
- Valid driver’s license and comfort/capacity to occasionally drive vans
- Must be able to regularly work weekends
Hours: 12pm – 6:30 pm Weekdays and Saturday and Sundays 10am -5pm
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
StreetSquash is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.