Open Volunteer Opportunities for Summer Programming
- Summer Squash Volunteers
- Help coach beginning to intermediate level players under the guidance of full time squash coaches
- Summer Discovery (Middle School) Commitment Required: At least one full week, Monday through Thursday.
Choose mornings (9:30-12:30), afternoons (1:00-4:00) or full days (9:30-4:00)
- Requirements: Must be at least 16 years old and entering 10th grade; 2.5 level player or better.
- Summer Quest
- At least one full week, Monday through Thursday
- Choose half days (11:15 – 2:20) or full days* (10:00 – 4:00) *only applicable for college students and up.
- Requirements: Must be at least post-high school age; 2.5 level player or better.
- Summer Leaders
- Enthusiastically guide students through academics, arts, cultural and athletic activities
- Foster team spirit and help make this summer the best time ever for these energized middle schoolers!
- Receive weekly leadership training and one-on-one supervision
- Commitment required: At least one full two-week session, Monday through Friday
. Session 1: July 16-27, Session 2: July 30 – August 10, Session 3: August 13-24.
- Requirements: Must be at least 16 years old; No squash experience required
Applying for Summer 2019 Volunteering in Harlem
ALL summer volunteers must be age 16 or older and attend one of the Orientations listed in the application forms below. If you are a high school student who is not yet 16 years of age, we still welcome your involvement and hope to find an opportunity for you to volunteer at StreetSquash!
With any questions about Summer at StreetSquash, please reach out to Director of Summer Volunteering Jack Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org. For general inquiries about volunteering at StreetSquash, please reach out to Volunteer Coordinator Zoë Kagan at email@example.com.
Summer Quest is StreetSquash’s two-week long day programming for high school students, including squash, educational enrichment, and fun activities in and out of the classroom.
- Age requirement: 18 years of age, college, post-college or older
- If you are looking for a dynamic experience volunteering with high school aged students, please find our schedule and submit your application by clicking HERE.
Summer Discovery is a four-week long day program for middle school students. Summer volunteers are a critical part of our summer programming working with our students on court, in the classroom, and helping staff facilitate other indoor and outdoor activities.
- Age requirement: 16 years of age or older for non-squash volunteers and the Summer Discovery Leadership Program; 14-16 for squash volunteering (half or full days)
- If you are looking for a fun experience volunteering with middle school aged students please find all schedule and details, and submit an application by clicking HERE.
- If you are interested in taking a leadership role in our Summer Discovery Leadership Program, please apply by clicking HERE.
Applying for Summer 2019 Volunteering in New Jersey
Summer Discovery at StreetSquash Newark includes six weeks of curriculum from squash to the classroom, held at Drew University in Madison, NJ. Summer volunteers are a critical part of our summer programming working with our students on court, in the classroom, and helping staff facilitate other indoor and outdoor activities.
- Age: 16 years or older
- To apply to volunteer in New Jersey, please click HERE.