Part-Time Front Desk Associate
Location: New York, NY (Harlem)
Professional Level: Entry level
Minimum Education Required: None
Job Type: Part-time
Rate: starting at $15/hour, commensurate with experience
StreetSquash was founded in Harlem in September 1999 as the second squash and education program in the United States. A comprehensive youth enrichment program, StreetSquash combines academic tutoring, squash instruction, community service, college preparation, leadership development, and mentoring for young people ages 11-24. What began as an after-school program with 24 middle school students and two staff members has expanded to serve 400 participants from 6th grade through college graduation, and entry into the workforce. Learn more about us at www.streetsquash.org.
In 2021, StreetSquash was accredited as an official US Squash Community Affiliate. In addition to training and competitive play, the program now offers an affordable pay-to-play model for the public. These developments further our goal to become a true community center that is more accessible, and which will require additional staffing for nights and weekends.
About the Position
StreetSquash is seeking multiple responsible, motivated individuals to join our team as a Part-Time Front Desk Associate. This position reports to the Chief Squash Officer.
This position requires evening and weekend availability, from 6-9 PM on weekdays and 10 AM – 5 PM on weekends. Applicants must be available to work between 7 to 25 hours per week and commit to at least three full shifts per week, plus additional availability for training and meetings as needed.
- Open and close the SL Green StreetSquash Center
- Maintain the court reservation system in Club Locker; understand and troubleshoot any Club Locker issues
- Enforce all COVID and building protocols for participants and visitors
- Manage Proxyclick check-in system for participants and visitors
- Review and cross-reference participant information in Jotform, Club Locker and Proxyclick
- Answer questions about the SL Green StreetSquash Center and all programming conducted on site, such as the Squash Academy, pay-to-play options, and StreetSquash programming, including providing enrollment forms to interested families
- Answer phone and take detailed messages for Office Manager
- Keep the front desk area neat and orderly
- Conduct basic troubleshooting of TV display
- Ability to commit to at least three shifts per week (6-9 PM weeknights, 10 AM-5 PM Saturdays and Sundays)
- A sense of responsibility, reliability and punctuality
- Ability to firmly uphold building protocols
- Proficiency in Google Suite, especially Gmail, Google Sheets, Google Calendar
- Familiarity with Club Locker, or demonstrated experience to learn new systems
- Familiarity with squash and StreetSquash’s programs preferred
Vaccination: StreetSquash has implemented a policy requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated and submit proof as to their vaccination status in order to work on-site. Therefore, all new hires, prior to their start date, will be required to: (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., receive both doses of a two-dose vaccine or a single dose of a one-dose vaccine) and provide the Organization with a copy of their COVID-19 vaccination card, or (2) or receive an accommodation exempting them from the vaccination requirement. StreetSquash will keep any information about an employee or applicant’s vaccination status confidential in accordance with, and to the extent required by, applicable law.
Application Process: Interested candidates should send a resume and a brief cover letter to email@example.com with “Part-Time Front Desk Associate” in the subject line. Cover letters should describe your experience and interest in the role and include the days and times that you are available to work regularly. Only complete applications will be reviewed and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. There will be an initial virtual interview, followed by an on-site interview. Final applicants will be requested to consent to a pre-employment background check and employment verification. A background check is required to extend a job offer.
StreetSquash is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.