StreetSquash needs volunteers!
Are you motivated, high energy, patient, and committed to making a difference in the lives of young people? You don’t have to be a squash player to volunteer at StreetSquash, and you may even get some lessons from our students if you want to give it a try.
At StreetSquash in Harlem, all programming operates at the SL Green StreetSquash Center on 115th St. between 5th and Lenox Avenue.
At StreetSquash in Newark, NJ, programming operates at the YMCA of Montclair, the Newark YMCA, the Montclair Salvation Army, Drew University, and the Pingry School.
- Tutors: Work with 1-2 students during after-school and Saturday homework sessions. Volunteers are needed for all subject areas from 6th grade Social Studies to 12th grade AP Chemistry.
- Squash Coaches: Join StreetSquash students on court for basic drills, training, and games. Squash volunteers are needed at all after-school and Saturday sessions.
- Corporate Partners: StreetSquash partners with corporations in New York City for group volunteer outings, office visits, and a range of corporate support.
The best thing about becoming a StreetSquash volunteer is meeting great young people and making a difference in their lives – whether you can make it once a week or once in a while, we encourage you to get involved.
Summer 2019 Volunteering in Harlem
ALL summer volunteers must be age 16 or older. If you are a high school student who is not yet 16 years of age, we still welcome your involvement and hope to find an opportunity for you to volunteer at StreetSquash! With any questions about Summer at StreetSquash, please reach out to Director of Summer Volunteering Jack Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org. For general inquiries about volunteering at StreetSquash, please reach out to our volunteer coordinators at email@example.com.
Summer Quest is StreetSquash’s two-week long day programming for high school students, including squash, educational enrichment, and fun activities in and out of the classroom.
- Age requirement: 18 years of age, college, post-college or older
- If you are looking for a dynamic experience volunteering with high school aged students, please find our schedule and submit your application by clicking HERE.
Summer Discovery is a four-week long day program for middle school students. Summer volunteers are a critical part of our summer programming working with our students on court, in the classroom, and helping staff facilitate other indoor and outdoor activities.
- Age requirement: 16 years of age or older for non-squash volunteers and the Summer Discovery Leadership Program; 14-16 for squash volunteering (half or full days)
- If you are looking for a fun experience volunteering with middle school aged students please find all schedule and details, and submit an application by clicking HERE.
- If you are interested in taking a leadership role in our Summer Discovery Leadership Program, please apply by clicking HERE.
Summer 2019 Volunteering in New Jersey
Summer Discovery at StreetSquash Newark includes six weeks of curriculum from squash to the classroom, held at Drew University in Madison, NJ. Summer volunteers are a critical part of our summer programming working with our students on court, in the classroom, and helping staff facilitate other indoor and outdoor activities.
- Age: 16 years or older
- To apply to volunteer in New Jersey, please click HERE.