StreetSquash Needs You!
Are you motivated, high energy, patient, and committed to making a difference in the lives of young people? Then this is the place for you! And no worries, you do not have to be a squash player to volunteer at StreetSquash.
For the time being, our programming has gone virtual. That means our volunteering is operating virtually, too. Right now, we are looking for virtual volunteers interested in:
- 1-1 and Group Tutoring: Work with 1-2 students on homework help and other academic support. Volunteers are needed for all subject areas, from 6th grade Social Studies to 12th grade AP Chemistry.
- Career Guidance/Professional Development: Help students review resumes, job search, and practice interview. Also share takeaways and tips from your own career and field.
- Fitness/Health Guidance: Lead a fitness session for our students, or check-in with participants about staying healthy from home.
- Counseling: Provide additional counseling support for our students during this challenging time (for MSW volunteers only).
- Other: We would love to hear about other ways that you think you can support our students!
The best thing about being a StreetSquash volunteer is meeting great young people and making a difference in their lives. Whether you can volunteer once a week or once in a while, we encourage you to get involved.
In addition, we are always seeking corporate partners for our program. We partner with corporations in New York City and Newark for group volunteer outings, office visits, and other support opportunities. If this is something your organization is interested in, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.